Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clinical Chemistry Blog Notes 26B

It took me several minutes before I finally had the urge to write in this empty white box. :D And the reason is: this is the first time I'll write a blog with personal touch and thoughts :D.

Summer vacation is finally over. Goodbye summer wave and hello lectures+experiments+assignments. And as for our first assignment in CC03: Define Endocrinology, Toxicology and Drug Testing.

Endocrinology
Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine gland and substance they secrete which hormones. Hormones is a chemical substance produced in the body that controls and regulates the activity of certain cells or organs. Through this topic we'll able to answer our questions regarding hormonal imbalances, menstruation, adam's apple, growth and several more because this is more likely related to some of our body changes.

Toxicology
Toxicology is the study of poisonous materials and their effects on living organisms with emphasis on classification, action, regulations on dispensing and use, precautions, general purification, isolation and quantitative estimation in biological specimens which is important for us medical technologists.

Drug Testing
This is the one that I am more familiar with. Drug test is a technical analysis of a biological specimen. Sample specimens may be urine, hair, blood etc. When I am applying for my driver's license I am obliged to attend drug testing. This is to determine whether I was taking up prohibited drugs. As far as I remember, the test was specific for Methamphetamine and others which i already forgot lol. :D

This semester, I am hoping to know a lot more regarding Endocrinolgy, Toxicology and Drug Testing. So that I'll be able to add more informations to share. :D

1 comment:

Jena Isle said...

Hello Lara,

Kindly email or text me ASAP. and momentarily delete the later portion of your post. Thanks.